Repeat Offender

4:28 PM





As you might have guessed from the title, I am a certified repeat offender. I re-wear items from my closet multiple times, mixing and matching different pieces together, and I have no shame.


I tend to gravitate towards basics when I'm shopping, just because its the easiest way to maximize my wardrobe, and the easiest to mix and match. Basics that are holy grail, essentials for me include: over-sized white v-neck, white collar button up shirt, black skinny jeans, single strap heels (buy black first!), black leather jacket, mom jeans (bf jeans).

Although you can probably find these items anywhere, you don't want to buy them from places that are too inexpensive. Shops like Zara and Topshop, are not too expensive, and they usually have good quality leather jackets, and jeans. H&M is a little more budget friendly, and also has some good quality staples every once in a while.

My absolute favourite place to shop is Thrift Stores. That is where you want to go, ideally, to get items that are unique, that can be paired with the minimal basics.

Best part about it, its cheap! Worst part about it, the cute, cool pieces will not be showcased in the front, you gotta look hard, be patient, and think creatively.

Take. Your. Time. 

Also, try everything on before you purchase, what looks good on the hanger, may not fit the way you want it to. If items are ill-fitting, this does not necessarily mean that you have to leave it behind. If its too long or too big, alterations can be made!

Pro Tip: Go to your local Value Village or Talize on 50% off days


 (or if you're unethical like me, go on a regular day and hide the items you want, and buy on 50% off day)


Thanks for reading!

Genelle

Denim Skirt : Value village (thrift store)
Heels: Sirens
Leather Jacket: Zara
Iron Maiden Tee: Hot Topic



You Might Also Like

0 comments